Standards provide safety, health and environmental protection and give the German economy 1% of its net domestic product. For companies, the application of standards and the participation in standardisation is a major factor in promoting innovation, market entry, quality assurance and legal certainty.
On 5 June 2013, MAHA Maschinenbau Haldenwang GmbH & Co. KG joined DIN – the German Institute for Standardization. As a DIN member, MAHA undertakes the self-government responsibility of all economic operators involved in standardisation.
For a company that operates internationally, standards are a major criterion for estimating the partnership potential of a supplier or the like and guaranteeing customers compatibility and quality. Standards noticeably simplify worldwide trade and are a strategic competitive instrument. They make it much easier for products and services to enter the market and thus has a positive influence on company profits.
The benefits at a glance:
- Major business and economic advantages
- Promotion of worldwide trade
- Quality assurance
- Protection of society
- Positive influence on economic growth
- Significant competitive edge in terms of knowledge and having a head start
- Reduction of research risks and development costs
- Reduction of transaction costs (e.g. in procurement, for calls for tender)